Monday, April 22, 2013

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Colour Love

Good morning! I was so excited to receive my Tim Holtz Distress Paints in the mail yesterday! I LOVE colour as you probably are aware lol! I especially like the colour combo of pink and orange together :) So that was my starting point to begin my paint play on this tag....had no idea where I was going, I guess this is my usual too LOL! I just like to play and HOPE that it turns into something I like :)


So to start the play/process...I picked some pretty colours of Tim Holtz Distress Paints and applied them to my craft mat.


Then I dragged my tag through them a few times, drying with my heat gun slightly in between the swipes.

Then my OCD kicked in and I NEEDED to see where the paint was going :) SO I pulled out my Ranger craft scraper tool and applied more layers of the THD paint with it.


In the photo below I have added a few more layers with the paint...the orange circles are a stamp dipped in the paint and then stamped on the tag, and as you can see I used a stencil and foam applicator to apply the purple THD paint to the tag.


I have found a new favorite white embossing powder :) It is called WOW! Opaque Bright White and yes it is!! LOVE!!


The THD paint worked wonderfully to cover my metal flourishes :)



I love how the painted ribbon stiffens up a bit with the application of the THD paint...perfect for the top of this tag!


A little close-up to show the gold accents and modern Hero Arts flower stamps 


So why don't you get our your favorite colours and show us your projects over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.....for you could be the lucky random winner of a $50 dollar store voucher at Simon Says Stamp Superstore!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Have a great day! Hugs, TRace




35 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous tag Tracey, love this colour combo :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous tag, Tracey! Love your color combo.

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning Trace! Love the wonderful colours and your background is just gorgeous. Great job with the paints!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

This is one of my favourite colour combinations. So eye catching and the white embossing powder really does pop against the backdrop . Love the added metal embellishments and the sentiment is fabulous. Tracy x

Suzanne C said...

Cool effect with the bright happy colors! Love the pops of white against the sunny warm colors!

Candy C said...

Trace...your tag made me smile just to look at it. It's so bright and cheery! I love the white flowers and that really WHITE opaque embossing powder! WOW...they pop right off of your gorgeous colorful background. Your distress paint background looks really good! Love the blending! <3 Candy

cissi said...

I just love your tag, must try those colors together.

Robin Cooper said...

Your tag made my heart sing!! Thank you!!

Laura M. said...

Lovely tag! Thanks for sharing your steps--I just got some THD paints & am looking for ways to use them ;)

Leni said...

Like your tag. My favorite colors! Love how it turned out!
I use Wow embossing powder all the time. They are fantastic to work with and they have amazing colors!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous tag, Trace! The combination of pinks and oranges are perfect for summer!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sandra said...

love your background! Great technique! That color combo is really pretty! Hugs, Sandra

Debora said...

Love you tag! Thanks for introducing me to a new EP to try out. Looks fab!

donna mikasa said...

Wowza! That is one gorgeous tag, Trace! Great tutorial, too!

Dolores Holloman said...

Don't u just love using the metal flourishes and paint plus painting the crinkle ribbon or that is what I use. Awesome card!

Barb King said...

I love this tag, the colors are great, and that embossing powder really pops. I just took a class with Tim, he is fantastic! Barb

slbt17 said...

lovely - thanks for sharing your tips!
Sandra ltb

scrappykate said...

What a great tag! I love the colors. And it's great to learn new ways to use the distress paints.

Sandy said...

Tracey, your tag is out of this world fabulous and I so appreciate your tutorial. A lot of the things are sold out but I will keep trying. Love your work Sugar and have become a follower!!
Sandy

Ruby Craft said...

Love these bright bold colors with the white emboss. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yummy colors!

Anonymous said...

Bond says...oooohhhhh aaaahhhh love these colors together. The white embossed flowers really pop on this tag. Again a beautiful work of art. Good job girl.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So true, and what a gorgeous tag!!! I love the colors and the bold white flowers are just perfect here! Great stencil too!

Dawn Darlene said...

love the quote and the flowers

Mary Elizabeth said...

Trace ... this is gorgeous! Vibrant and happy, just the way color should be. The white flowers and backgrounds for your words keep the color from being too overpowering. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work! Love how that white just pops!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claudia N. said...

An awesome background, Tracey!!!

Thank you very much for sharing the HOW TO on this one. I really have to try this out myself!!!!

Hugs,
die amelie x

Anonymous said...

Great colour combo which I must try myself one day soon. I've been reading a lot of good things about WOW EPs too and your embossed flowers look great.

Words and Pictures said...

Such delicious sunburst colours, and the layers in your background are completely fabulous - LOVE this tag!!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

These are truly wonderful ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some nice points here. Any way keep up wrinting.



Also visit my website :: garmin Golf Range Finder

Cathy A said...

Wonderful rich colours!

Katie J. said...

I think that is my new favorite color combo! How bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Katie
Life, Laughs & Paper Stacks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...