Monday, November 12, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Stamp without ink

Good morning and thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge:  Stamp without ink. Instead of using ink you could try: mists, embossing ink and powder, paint, and markers. So we would love to see what you come up with!!! I choose to use paint with my stamps and make a layered background paper for my mixed media board.
 I have a few photos to show you the layers of creating this board inspired by the latest challenge and one of our Ragdoll kittens Niko, who I always call "pretty boy" :)

I started with this handmade paper using the salt technique....you can see the tutorial HERE.
 Next I pulled out one of my favorite stamps from Ranger....Dylusions basic background and applied paint directly to the stamp and stamped away....just be sure to wash your stamp immediately!!

 After this picture I also stamped some of the alphabet in grey paint. I used the Faber-Castell marker to outline the circles.


Next step was to add my paper pieced cat to the board.


A close-up to show some final details.


Thanks for stopping in to visit....I so hope you will be able to join us this week at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge blog. One lucky participant will be randomly picked to receive a $50 store voucher from Simon Says Stamp :) Have a great day! Hugs, TRace

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bond says...woo hoo I am first to tell you what a great job you did in getting your kitty's looks on the board. I love the background too. And as Niko would say.....stop calling him pretty boy. Try finding a name that would be more macho. How about Handsome as that is what he is. Have a great week.

Pajalu said...

Hi Tracey, what a great canvas. Niko is too cute as well. Love what you have done.

Candy C said...

Tracey...your canvas is awesome! I love your background, mottled with the sea salt! Then, I really love the next layer, using the Dylusions stamps and Claudine's grey paint to stamp with such wonderful patterns! Your "pretty boy" cat is adorable! Love the sentiment!! So funny! It's really a beautiful piece! <3 Candy

Kelly Booth said...

HOW Fun Tracey....I LOVE this!! I'm sad though as your Cat looks just Like my Chaz that we lost several years ago...he was the BEST cat and I miss him so much!! Hymi's are the best!!! xoxoxoxo!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Trace, fabulous piece, love your cat, both your arty cat and the genuine article, he is very handsome. Your background showcases your image beautifully. Love the painty circles too. Tracy x x

Sandra said...

beautiful canvas board! Love your cat Niko! He's gorgeous, on your canvas and in real life! The background is really amazing!

Anonymous said...

this is just the best! so much fun!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely rich background! The colors are fabulous and your pretty boy peeking out is very fun!

Anna-Karin said...

This is fabulous Trace!! And your cat is adorable, both your real cat and the paper pieced one. Love the background with the yummy colours and all the textures.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a sweet likeness! I love the rich thickness you get when combining paint & Faber pens!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Spectacular! I bet your pretty boy loves it! I just became a follower.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Tracey, Your cat is gorgeous ! (we have two feline family members). Love your artwork, it's a great artsy look for your cat. The background is gorgeous as always. Take care, Shirleyx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Tracey and I do so admire your room. Do you fancy popping over and working some magic in mine for me?
Thanks for your kind comment earlier.
x

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is amazing! My daughter (she's 11) loves her cat and aspires to be a vet some day. I need to show her this. She will absolutely love it!

Claudine said...

Tracy,
This is beautiful. Your cat looks just like my old cat. Loved that cat and love your board, very cool!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

HI Tracey, thanks for your kind words regarding my canvas piece. It was so much fun to create. You asked about Scrapfest, I attend the Fall version in Oshawa, it's probably the same as the Kitchener venue. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely layers of colour and stamping - gorgeous mixed media board!
Alison x

Katie said...

I can't believe I have not commented on this post! Every time I come to your site I always have to find this project to look at again. :) I love this mixed media board you created! Your paper cat just looks so friendly and inquisitive, and I love what he has to say! Ha! So funny. You really have a talent for doing these kinds of projects! :) The background looks awesome, I love the way the blue pops in the background and in your cats eyes (both paper and in the real life picture). Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...