Sunday, July 10, 2011

PTI Make it Monday #22

Happy weekend!! Boy is it hot today...I am so NOT complaining though LOL! DO that and it will snow!!! I have a card to share today using a cool inking technique that Papertrey ink showcased on their Make it Monday post HERE

Here is my card:


This is a pic of my home made stamp pad...it was sooo much faster using this technique. I only inked it up once with the three different colours of ink and away I stamped :) I have saved it in a baggie for future use:)



Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, TRace

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink:  Beautiful Bloom II and Year of Flowers: Marigolds (sentiment)
PP:  MME
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (poppy) and Neenah solar white
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks: worn lipstick, barn door and wild honey
Felt: Papertrey Ink (poppy and white)
Buttons: Papertrey Ink
Dies: Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: Hug Snug dyed with THDI worn lipstick
Pearls: Dollar store

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Love your card Tracey :) Perfect colours for making me feel summery in the middle of our winter ;) Love your ric rac, and the beautiful twine hiding between the butterfly and the button - and the orange paper on the right - delicious!!

Lin said...

I saw that tutorial - and meant to try it too. Love your results, Trace!

Barb said...

Fun technique, Tracey! Love your card! It's been very hot here too, (in the 90's) but I also don't complain. . . .it's a whole lot better than shoveling! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great homemade stamp--love it! I love this card too! It's got a great combo of colors! LOOOOVE:)

Meg said...

Great card! Love your idea of making your own stamp pad!

Erum Tasneem said...

you have used such super hot colours!! They look fantastic. LOVE the stamping technique.

Judy1223 said...

Oh, what pretty colors and lovely stamping Trace! Stay cool!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I adore all these fabulous, warm colors! Yummy! And such a pretty design!

Cathy A said...

Simply gorgeous card Tracey, I remember Tim Holtz showing us that technique for a christmas card, I had forgotten all about it thanks for the reminder.

Sasha Farina said...

oh that is such a gorgeous card! love the happy colors on there :)

Jill said...

LOVE this! The colors are so gorgeous and your design is FAB, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...