Sunday, April 24, 2011

My mixed media adventures and Scrapfest :)

It seems like forever since I have done a post....life just gets in the way of crafting sometimes....

I made this mixed media art canvas after learning how to at my latest Scrapfest in Kitchener. I am entering it in this months challenge on the Hero Arts blog :)
I have layered a few different Hero Arts stamps, beginning with the blue sky...if you look very closely you can see CG119 flourish background behind the flowers, and S5507 envelope patten in the grass. It shows up so much more IRL! Then I used CG291 Dotted Flowers and CG284 Magical Flower (thanks Libby) for my flowers and leaves.


This is my first canvas ever....so fun and freeing...well for a type A it is LOL!
It was a make & take at the Stamping Bella booth :)

Scrapfest in Kitchener is Pure heaven...two days of croppin', chattin' and shoppin' fun... LOVE it!!!!
This years theme was the 60's. My sweet friends made us all up some groovy tye dyed t-shirts to wear. Here we are with the AMAZINGLY talented and oh so fun Karen Ellis. Each year she brings the most amazing supplies to her booth the Art House Studio, and Karen runs the worlds largest make & take with the whole auditorium of croppers (about 300). Also throughout the weekend she pops in to the crop area to organize games and give-a-ways....LOVE her!


Karen is the one in the pink tutu...did I mention she is a little crazy.... in a good way of course! LOL!

My sweet sista Donna discovered the magic of Glimmer Mist...she put it on everything!!


We shared our crop table and some real good belly laughs with some sweet ladies from Barrie :)


And to end the post....my friend Donna gives the best hugs!!!!
Hope you all get a hug like this today :)
Hugs, TRace

20 comments:

Pajalu said...

Tracey wishing you a very Happy Easter (hope the E.B. brings you a little something). :D Loved seeing your photos, especially love the last one. Your canvases are amazing xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracey, Happy Easter to you too:)
Love the pics and your canvases. It's amazing, just when you think you've seen it all....something new pops up

Soul Sista D said...

Hi Soul Sista: Happy Easter:
I absolutely love love love your mixed media canvas' you have made. They are amazing!!!
You've already won first prize in my world!!
Scrapfest was a blast with you, somehow I knew you'd find a way to post those pics!!!! lol
BIG HUGS!!!! xoxo
D

Nancy K said...

Oh wow Tracey...you rock the canvas too! Loving your use of color, so beautiful!! Looks like you had a great time and came away with a new passion for crafting. I'm so glad you shared it with us!
blessings~

Fiona said...

Tracey these canvases are absolutely stunning! GREAT mixed media work :)
P.S and thank you for my birthday card which did arrive just before my birthday!!

Mona Pendleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun project Tracey! Your canvas looks fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

Trace, LOVE the picture of ou getting the hug! You just look so Happy! LOVE the mixed media and the canvas! Just GORGEOUS! LOVED ALL the pics!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Trace! Your canvases are awesome, woman! So vibrant and fun! Looks like a fun time was had by all...

Anette said...

What a gorgeous piece of ART!!!! You are a natural at mixed media, please give us more, more more!! LOOOOVE the huggie-picture, I can feel the hugs all the way over the Atlantic ocean!

Michele Gross said...

Oh Wow!! Very cool!! I love your canvas and it sure looks like you all had a fabulous time!!

stampingandstitching said...

I love your fab canvases, Tracey! Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic time at Scrapfest!

Kathy (krolski) said...

LOVE your canvases Tracey!! Gorgeous! Great photos of scrapfest too. Looks like a blast!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Love the canvases, Tracey!
Full week of giveaways on my blog: dustypenny.com.

Alice said...

wow! gorgeous works of art, Tracey! beautiful canvases! it looks like you were having so much fun!!! =) love those photos! thanks for sharing, Tracey! =) have a fabulous week!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, your canvases are awesome, Tracey! So artistic!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

The canvases looks so interesting, it is something I must try in the future, always good to try new things!! Looks like you had a blast at Scrapfest, sure wish we had something like that here! Love all the photos, thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Looks like a magical weekend sista and so happy for you. I have to admit I am a little jealous too. Thanks for sharing these great photos. Looks like mixed media will be your next venture. These are amazing and the rolled flowers are one of those genius ideas. ARe you currently training?? Congrats to Amanda...she's done!!!!! Miss you Hugs,Kathy

Jinny Newlin said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Great pics! And your canvases are AMAZING! Gorgeous color and way to rock the stamping layers!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Awww, Tracey, looks like you had so much fun! And those things you've made...all I can say is, "Wow!" They are amazingly artistic, and so very, very yummy. It would be like something I'd see in the Stamper's Sampler, or another pub by Somerset. But, then you'd have to part with it, and I'll bet you don't want to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...