Thursday, October 7, 2010

3cards for 2 colour challenges with background stamping :)

Hello!! Well today I have THREE cards to show ....so love working with my background stamps...I can't stop myself LOL!

My first card is for the Embellish Colour challenge with background stamping. I used three of my favourite stamp companies for this card:





Stamps: Hero Arts stamps CG139 Dots and CL351 Friends.
Impression-obsession stamp: Cover-a-card cling CC037 Sm. Paisley.
PTI: Background Basics: Petal Power.

My second and third cards are for the Impression-obsession colour challenge of using the colours nutmeg, pumpkin, and coffee....YUMMY!!, but I would never automatically reach for these colours myself! That is what I so LOVE about challenges...they make you step out side your comfort zone. I remember reading once that you should try to do this daily...so I choose to do it with card making LOL!!! safe I know LOL!! Check out the challenge HERE.

IO stamps are all Cover-a-card clings: CC027 Flourishs, CC054 Swirls & Stars, and my a fave...CC039 Lg. Paisley.
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress inks in colours: old paper, vintage photo, rusty hinge, and spiced marmalade.


IO stamps are all Cover-a-card clings: CC032 Medallion, CC037 Sm.Paisley, and CC054 Swirls & Stars.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks in colours same as above :)

Thanks for stopping by...Have the most wonderful Thanksgiving weekend :)


HUGS,
TRace

4 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very pretty designs! Love how you mixed patterns! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Lin said...

This is your forte, Trace! LOVE them all, but my favorite is the middle - yummy colors is right!

Alice said...

beautiful colors and such elegant designs, Tracey! LOVE them!

Katie said...

Hi there,

I just wanted to tell you how much I like your cards! I also love the Impression Obsession backgrounds, and have about 14 of them, which does not even include the one's that you are using, I probably want to buy another 7 or so...I know that is crazy. I just love the idea of making your own paper, and also the idea that you can use the background as a graphic statement, which is as close as you can get to printmaking (which I love, but I can not afford the equipment right now). I think you mentioned using them for scrapbooking also, I plan to do that to, but I have never seen anyone using the IO backgrounds on a scrapbook page...I would love to see that. Anyway, I am glad you are entering the IO challenges, it was nice to see your work! Oh, and I love how you do your flowers! Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie
imkt@excite.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...